Grower Privacy and Use Policy
The ability of SmartBarley to create value for the grower and AB InBev relies on the collection of individual grower information, amongst which personal data. We take the protection of your privacy very seriously. In order to protect your privacy and ensure the integrity of the program, SmartBarley includes several data security mechanisms and AB InBev upholds to the following Grower Privacy and Use Policy (hereinafter “Policy”).
This Policy applies to the participants in the AB InBev SmartBarley program, facilitated by AB InBev, AB InBev subsidiaries, and selected AB InBev barley and malt suppliers.
Which personal data do we collect and how?
- We collect contact details and identification details from you when you register with our agronomists or field technicians.
- We further collect information in relation to your barley production sites, practices and outcomes by information you provide us with via the application or via our agronomists or field technicians.
- We collect general program and website use information when you are using the SmartBarley program or website by using cookies.
Who processes your personal data?
The data controller for the processing of your personal data in the context of the SmartBarley application is Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV, with registered seat at Brouwerijplein 1, 3000 Leuven, Belgium and with company number 0417.497.106 (in this Policy referred to as “AB InBev”).
In addition, AB InBev may transfer your personal data to the following categories of recipients, some of which may act as “data processor”: other entities part of the AB InBev Group, software and implementation/support/maintenance providers, hosting providers, our agronomists that may be consultants, etc.
In case one of these recipients is located in a country outside the European Union, AB InBev shall, where required under data protection legislation, ensure that appropriate safeguards are put in place to protect your personal data, such as Binding Corporate Rules or the conclusion of standard data protection clauses as adopted or approved by the European Commission.
Why do we process your personal data?
- We use your personal data for your participation in the SmartBarley program, as well as for contacting you.
- We collect this information to allow you to assess and benchmark your barley production with your peers and benefit from AB InBev’s expertise and best practice sharing in the area of barley production, and to improve your productions.
- We will also use the collected information to better understand barley production globally, including to create statistical models that analyze the influence of climate, soil, topography, and crop management practices on production outputs such as yield, disease and quality.
- In addition, we may also process your personal data for following-up on and handling of complaints, incidents or other problems and for managing disputes, if any.
On which legal ground do we process your personal data?
Your personal data are processed by AB InBev based on (i) your acceptance of this Policy, (ii) the preparation, entering into and performance of the agreement you have with AB InBev, (iii) the compliance with legal obligations to which we may be subject, and/or (iv) the legitimate interests pursued by AB InBev, such as improving farmer production.
Who has access to your personal data?
In addition to the categories of recipients indicated above, only you, AB InBev program administrators and the agronomist or field technician collecting your personal information can view your personal data.
Any information made available to you about your peers will be anonymized; in other words, aggregated or disclosed in such a manner that it cannot be linked to an identified person.
We will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise disclose your personal information to anyone outside of AB InBev, AB InBev subsidiaries or consultants without your express permission.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Your personal data will be kept as long as you have a relationship with AB InBev or as long as necessary for the purposes described in this Policy or communicated in any other way, and may be kept during the applicable legal statute of limitations. After three years of inactivity, your personal data will in principle be removed.
What are your choices and rights?
Your participation in the SmartBarley program is voluntary.
Subject to the conditions of applicable data protection legislation, you may exercise a number of rights regarding your personal data vis-à-vis AB InBev, such as the right to withdraw consent, the right to access, the right to rectification, the right to erasure, the right to object, the right to restriction of processing and the right to data portability, by sending a request and proof of identification to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to file a complaint with the relevant Data Protection Authority.
How are my personal data protected?
You will receive an individual username and password to access your personal information and metrics. You can change this password at any time.
We use industry standard measures (physical, organizational and technological) to safeguard your data against unauthorized access and to safely store your data.
How to reach us?
If, at any time, you have any requests or queries concerning this Policy, want to update your account details or exercise your rights, please contact us at email@example.com.